Motorcycle accidents are associated with dangers not present in other types of auto accidents. Motorcycles can travel at exceptionally fast speeds; however, they offer absolutely no protection from a collision. Motorcyclists involved in accidents with other vehicles often suffer catastrophic and fatal injuries.
If you suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, our Las Vegas injury attorneys at Isaacson Law are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. With more than 90 years of combined experience, our award-winning legal team has a comprehensive understanding of Nevada driving laws to guide you through the complexities of the legal system.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
According to a 2015 report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 4,976 people died in motorcycle crashes – which is an increase of 8.3% from 4,594 in 2014 – and approximated 88,000 motorcyclists were injured. In 2014, motorcyclists were 27 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a collision per vehicle mile traveled, as well as nearly five times more likely to suffer serious injuries.
- Common acts of negligence which contribute to motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failure to come to a complete stop before turning right on a red in violation
- Failure to yield right-of-way to the motorcyclist, especially during lane changes
- Exceeding the legal speed limit on the street, making motorists unable to avoid a crash
- Failure to check blind spots for motorcyclists before changing lanes
- Hit and run crashes
Common Obstacles for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Victims of motorcycle collisions often deal with many obstacles throughout the claims process. We understand firsthand how difficult life can be for injured motorcyclists and are entirely familiar with the nuances of litigating a motorcycle accident claim. Don’t try to face the process alone – have our
Unique challenges in motorcycle accident claims include:
- Jury bias and negative stereotypes of riders: Not many jury members are riders themselves, so they may be unfamiliar with how motorcycles can be operated in a safe way. Some may fall back on stereotypes of motorcycles as daring and reckless when deciding on liability during trial. this is why it is important to have a seasoned litigator handle your claim in order to present a proper and convincing case to jury members.
- Severe injuries: Motorcyclists typically face injuries that are far more severe than drivers of passenger vehicles. From brain injuries that can cause permanent brain damage to spinal injuries that can lead to paralysis, the overall compensation for a motorcycle accident claim ca be extremely expensive.
It may seem like an uphill battle when you’re up against difficult insurers and an intimidating court system. Turn to skilled injury attorneys at our law firm for complete support throughout the process.
Skilled Injury Lawyers Ready to Fight for You Today
Our Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyers can thoroughly investigate your accident and collect evidence with the help of specialists to develop an effective and personalized case strategy and obtain the most favorable outcome possible. Whether we reach a settlement inside or outside the courtroom, we will guide you through every step of the process while you make a successful recovery from injury.
Contact us and request a free consultation today.